Sunday, March 2, 2014

Oh, we're halfway there...

It is taking everything I have in me to resist typing the rest of the song. Oh well.

So like the title states, I'm shockingly halfway done with studying abroad in Barcelona. Time has seriously flown by and I can't believe I only have two more months left here. I know those 2 months will fly by (especially with all of the traveling I'll be doing but we'll discuss that later) and although I'm super excited for the months to come I know I'm going to miss so many things about Barcelona. But whatever, why dwell on it now when I still have 2 more months. LiVe iT uP dRiNk iT dOwN that's what I always say.

I literally have nothing to blog about because for the past week I have been marathoning Downton Abbey in between studying for midterms, so here are just some tidbits in no order of importance.

1. I had the best chocolate croissant I have ever had in my entire life yesterday. Usually the chocolate croissants just taste like a chocolate bar stuck in the middle of a croissant but this one had melted chocolate and was warm so I'm assuming it just came out of the oven. It was absolutely life changing and I can't stop thinking about it. Is this love?

2. Mercedes does our laundry once a week and some of my clothes haven't returned. I don't where they went and I also don't know how to ask about in Spanish. I just want my clothes, is that too much to ask for? Apparently.

3. I'm really at my wits end with Gato. She never stops making noise for me to pet her and if I do I might go into anaphylactic shock and she doesn't seem to understand that. It used to be tolerable but sometimes at dinner I quietly say to her, "shut the f**k up before I cut you" because Mercedes has no idea what I'm saying so why not, ya know?

4. I really don't know how I'm expected to go back to Champaign after studying here for a semester. Like, sorry Morrow Plots but you just don't even come to close to the monuments I walk by daily in Barcelona.

5. I miss Chipotle. I miss it a lot.

6. I held American money for the first time in 2 months the other day. It made me realize that my mind has fully adjusted to Euros and I'm not looking forward to adjusting back. Maybe I'll just stay in the EU forever...

7. I can't wait for my parents to come. I can't wait to pretend like I'm an expert at Barcelona and pretend that I know where everything is (I don't). Even though my mom will read this and know my secret, my dad will be none the wiser. He will also believe everything I tell him so time to make up some wild stories about the "history" of Barcelona.

8. Gelato has taken over my life. It is so good. I usually get strawberry and chocolate in the same cup and my life has never been as great as it is when I'm eating that gelato.

So those were just things that I wanted to say.

Today I went to the beach for the first time. It was really fun and it's a cool environment down there. It was also very windy and a little bit chilly today so here I am, the beach babe herself livin' la vida loca in Barcelona:


My parents arrive on Thursday FINALLY so expect some wild blog posts about Fernando's first time in Europa. You will not be disappointed.

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment